Rectangular site just over 26,000 S.F. located off of a main arterial road in a southwestern suburban town of Chicago. The site was bound by two roadway and two interior lots. Both streets required access and the interior lots required cross access which restricted the site in regards to building location.
6,302 gross S.F. Construction consisted of concrete spread footing and foundation wall, concrete slab on grade, split-face CMU wall system, and membrane roof system over metal deck and steel bar joist. The building was designed with upper and lower roofs, with heights of 22’-10” and 18’-8” respectively. The wall design consisted of split-face block with a cast stone accent band and EIFS cornice. The building parameters were coordinated to the block module.
Soos & Associates, Inc. was retained for our knowledge and ability to provide appropriate design solutions and accurate, cost conscious construction documents. This turnkey project is one example of Soos’ ability to thoroughly and accurately understand the specialized needs of our client as they impact the buildings MPE systems. Soos delivered a design solution which incorporated the tenant’s corporate image at a reduced construction cost. Soos’ solution allowed the client to realize savings over previously constructed projects therefore proving our value added impact to the project. The site contained a single story masonry building with Mezzanine, and parking field. Site circulation accommodated passenger vehicles and full size semi-tractors and trailers. The interior layout contained sales and display area, waiting area, manager office, BOH area, 6 service bays, and tire storage. Exterior and interior were coordinated to match the client’s trade dress. The structural engineer was retained and coordinated by Soos. Soos designed the buildings mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
• Based on special circumstances afforded this property the site plan and schematic review process involved multiple meetings with the village.
• Design development and construction documents were combined due to the size and the scope of the project and were completed 8 weeks after client/owner approval of schematic’s meeting the owners schedule.
• Project was submitted to the Oswego Department of Buildings for review and the permit was issued within 2 months.
• The project was bid during the permit review time at which time Soos coordinated contractor RFI’s, city comments, and final client comments into a “For Construction” set.
• During Construction RFI’s were typically responded to within 48 hrs of receipt.
• Structural Shop drawings were reviewed and issued back to the general contractor within 7 business days.
• Other submittals such as storefront, mechanical equipment, plumbing fixtures, and lighting where reviewed and issued back to the general contractor within 5 business days.
105 Schelter Road
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
29 E Madison St, Suite 1007
Chicago, IL 60602